· Please notify Collector of Address change by phone, mail or fax. Tax bills are to be forwarded upon sale of a property between buyer and seller. Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve the owner from paying taxes. Interest will be applied to all late payments. Please contact this office if you need a copy of your tax bill.
· Tax bills are mailed once a year (normally July). If you have a mortgage company escrowing for taxes and they do not receive a copy of the tax bill from the Tax Office it is the owners responsibility to see that they get a copy.
· Taxes are due and payable quarterly on the first of February, May August and November. There is a 10-day grace period for each quarter. If payments are made after the grace period interest will be charged as of the due date. To pay a tax bill in full, add the four numbered stubs provided on the tax bill.
· Interest will be charged at the rate of 8% per annum up to $1500.00 of the delinquency and 18% per annum over $1500.00 until taxes are current.
· To receive a receipt for a payment, please included the entire tax bill with a stamped self-addressed envelope. Otherwise, detach the appropriate stub and mail with your check. The cancelled check will be your receipt.
· $20.00 charge for checks returned by bank. The Township does not redeposit returned checks.
· If you do not receive a tax bill, please contact the Tax Office.
The following is a quotation from R.S. 54:4-64:
"The validity of any Tax Assessment, or the time at which it shall be payable, shall not be affected by the failure of a taxpayer to receive a bill, but every taxpayer is put upon notice to ascertain from the proper official of the taxing district the amount which may be due for taxes or assessments against him or his property".
Unpaid taxes, interest and other Municipal charges become a lien. The Collector shall enforce the lien through a publicly held tax sale. The tax sale will be held in the
(Pre-registration required). As of the 11th day of November unpaid taxes, interest and other Municipal charges for the current year are eligible for tax sale.
If you have a mortgage company escrowing taxes, contact them immediately regarding delinquencies.